Lisbeth Overton (The Spiritually Savvy Nurse) Beckons You To Rejoin Your Spiritual Nature. Part 2
by Diane Wyzga | September 24, 2020 | Guest Podcast, Podcast | 0 comments
Coming to you from Whidbey Island, Washington this is Stories From Women Who Walk: true-life, practical, funny, heart-breaking, insightful human experience stories from women who are walking their lives while their lives walk them and the lasting difference these journeys have made. You’ll recognize yourself in stories of adversity, challenge, fear, discovery, adventure, expression, and more. Why? Because, the sorcery of stories is this: they help each of us to be seen and heard, to understand and be understood. I’m your host, Diane Wyzga.
This is Part 2 of my conversation with my guest Lisbeth Overton, a registered nurse turned spiritual entrepreneur, and the host of her recently launched podcast: The Spiritually Savvy Nurse, as well as the Creator of the Divine Downloads Oracle Deck, and a Spiritually Wealthy Woman Retreat Facilitator. Lisbeth is on a mission to guide women back to their spiritual nature through a deeper relationship with their higher selves. When talking with Lisbeth last week I asked her: How would a woman tell the difference between being spiritually bankrupt and not just feeling exhausted or tired or bored. Let’s listen to Lisbeth’s response:
Minute 00:00 to 2:16
Question: How does a woman distinguish being spiritually bankrupt from being fatigued, bored, exhausted
2:16 to 4:00 Spiritual Bankruptcy
- Part of your spirit, soul heart is missing
- Women are intuitive beings
- We have this feeling (of longing) but we are numb to signs
- Retail therapy to numb the void
- Ineffective coping mechanisms
- Take away the extras and stand in human vulnerability, then what do you (honestly) feel?
4:00 to 6:25 Spiritually Wealthy Woman
- Explore Divine self
- Complete embodiment of being without the trappings and labels
- You are whole and complete magnificent as you are
- Your worthiness as you are
- Uncondition and unlearn negative, disempowering notions around money and spirituality
- Spiritually Wealthy Woman Retreats: how were you raised and willingly explore where the limiting ideas came from
6:25 to 11:58 Wishful Thinking versus Spiritual Wealth
- Wealth is all about your energy, thoughts, mindset, internal spirit
- Own your own good authentic self
- Wealth is how you want to express yourself
- Re-connect with Spirit: as you came here so you were, so you are
- Drop the fear and baggage
- Focus on what we want not what we lack: “I want to be lean or healthy” versus “I don’t want to be fat.”
- How we perceive ourselves
- Focus on the “Yes!”
- Is money the root of all evil? Or is that a sham?
- Do your work with compassion and grace for yourself
- Reframe and retrain the negative thought: I love what I [fill in the blank] am/have now!
- Mindfulness: be an observer of what you notice: Is this thought serving me?
- Honor the now and release the suffering that comes from resisting the pain
It’s Okay to Change Your Mind
11:58 to 11:25 3 Practical Tips to Begin Exploring
- Have radical compassion and gratitude for yourself and your journey right now
- Invite playfulness and curiosity to “Of course I’m supported!”
- Write down your true desires even if you don’t know exactly
- Practice Beginner Mind: like a child
11:25 to 18:15 Resources For Your Journey
- Journal to capture curious thoughts
- Post-its with affirmations
- Visuals as a reminder to be still
- Whatever honors you
- Get outside! Nature is grounding and healing
- Tree is example of synergy and reciprocity
- There are no duplicates in nature; it is all creation
The Power of Contrast
18:15 to 24:30 Creation Is Contrast – Be Not Afraid
- See the difference in all things
- Some examples: light and dark, fear and joy, confidence and insecurity, and so on
- Contrast is information to explore: What is this feeling about? What is its opposite? What is going on in my environment to make me feel this? I’m having this awareness and feel out of alignment, off track – what triggered this?
- Our awareness of a feeling informs us: I have work to do on X
- Radical compassion says: Thank you for showing me where to work!
- Alignment is the natural way of things
- Thoughts come, thoughts go like a wave of recognition
- Pain + Resistance = Suffering; stop resisting and be pain-free
24:30 to 27:15 Lisbeth’s Legacy
- That every woman walking the planet has permission and courage to express vulnerability to real self
- That every woman may embody the fullest expression of herself
- Life is on purpose
- Begin to receive radical trust, evidence and all the many gifts of support
- Feel support on a cellular level
- Her message is really out there
- Oracle Deck is available – see Episode Notes
27:15 to 29:00 Final words from Lisbeth
- You are amazing and your desire alone is enough
- You are worthy of desire for certain
- Shift in attitude is available
- Thank you!
Here we are, at the end of the road but not the journey. Thank you for listening to this episode of Stories From Women Who Walk with your host Diane Wyzga and my guest Lisbeth Overton. I hope you enjoyed and were inspired by Lisbeth’s journey as much as I was. May every woman know true freedom and abundance! Meanwhile, stop by every Monday through Friday for 60 Seconds, Time Out Tuesday, Story Prompt Friday, and every Thursday for longer guest interviews and Diane-On-Mic episodes. You’ll find us on Simplecast or your favorite podcast platform. Come for the stories – stay for the magic! And speaking of magic, would you leave us a nice rating and review on Apple Podcasts. When you return bring your friends and rellies. You will have wonderful company as we walk our lives together.
BIO: Lisbeth Overton is a registered nurse turned spiritual entrepreneur. She is the podcast host of The Spiritually Savvy Nurse, Creator of the Divine Downloads Oracle Deck, and is a Spiritually Wealthy Woman Retreat Facilitator. Lisbeth is on a mission to guide women back to their spiritual nature through a deeper relationship with their higher selves.
You can connect with Lisbeth on social media and her website:
Production Team: Quarter Moon Story Arts
Music: Entering Erdenheim from Crossing the Waters by Steve Schuch & Night Heron Music
Sound Editing: Dawin Carlisle & First Class Reels
All content and image © 2019 – Present Quarter Moon Story Arts
Steve Schuch & Night Heron Music
Darwin Carlisle & First Class Reels
Diane Wyzga, Podcaster, Story Artist & Wordsmithery Coach
Lisbeth Overton & The Spiritually Savvy Nurse